(Hopefully) Daily Psalm Commentary Begins

I'm going to try to comment on a verse from the psalm designated for that day in the Jewish tradition as a mindfulness practice, so I figured I'd share them with you. I hope to be able to do this every day and keep them as brief as possible. If not, I'll try not to judge myself too harshly!

So here comes my first effort:Psalm 82, Vs. 1 (sorry this comes so late in the day): "God stands within God's community; in the midst of "gods" the Eternal judges." We are all connected through a power greater than ourselves. Wherever we are, we are constantly surrounded by other 'gods', other forces that pull us and tempt us. But in the midst of all this we must find our center...that sense of connection that which grounds us in the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parshat Shemot: From Pharaoh to President (a Response to this Past Week's Riots in Washington)

White Privilege, Charlottesville and Our Responsibility

Psalm for Friday: Psalm 93, Verse 5

Commentary on Parshat Tzav