So, where have I been all these weeks?

I just wanted to drop a short line to my faithful readers (no pun intended).  As some of you may know, I have been in the throes of ending one job, beginning a new one and preparing to move. That is why I  have not had the time or energy to write a meaningful commentary these last few weeks. I will resume in the near future.

In the meantime, I leave Amherst, MA today for Hamilton, NY, where I will be the Associate Chaplain and Director of Jewish Life at Colgate University.  I am thrilled about this new position.  The school and the people there are really wonderful, and I've no doubt it will be a great place to work.  But regardless, transitions are always difficult.  So I am trying to practice what I preach and be mindfully in the moment as I embark on this new adventure.

See you soon in the blogosphere!

B'shalom,

spn

PS I am still available to visit people's communities as a teacher or scholar/artist in-residence, so please feel free to contact me yourself or pass along my information to those who make the decisions in your community.  

I will not be taking on any teaching and travel responsibilities through the end of 2010, as I need to acclimate myself to my new job, but I will be available in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parshat Shemot: From Pharaoh to President (a Response to this Past Week's Riots in Washington)

White Privilege, Charlottesville and Our Responsibility

Psalm for Friday: Psalm 93, Verse 5

Commentary on Parshat Tzav